Wednesday, November 14, 2012

When I have a farm

{Oberhasli kids at Consider Bardwell Farm in Vermont. Photo via.}

I've become quite convinced that my future involves me being a small-scale "gardener" (notice I didn't say farmer). I would love to have a piece of land big enough to have a few animals and a garden big enough to grow everything we'd need to feed us year-round.
When I was a kid, my father said on occasion that he had always wanted a "hobby farm" with some pigs. In a way, maybe his unfulfilled aspiration of hobby farming has rubbed off a little on me.

{Cows at the Domaine des Etangs in the Dordogne region in France. Photo via.}

After the farm article I wrote this summer that was printed in the November issue of the Muskoka Magazine, I can't seem to get farms and the simple lifestyle that comes along with it off my mind. 

{Chickens at Brooklands Farm in Milford Bay and pigs from Briar Rock Farm in Port Carling. Both photos I took.}

For now, I will have to be content daydreaming about my farm and pining at these beautiful farm photos from photographer Nicole Franzen.
Until next time...

1 comment:

turtle and dragon said...

Great images of the farm critters.